(Last Updated: August 8 2022)
VeryPay, part of Verysell Technologies S.A. (herein collectively referred to as “VeryPay”, “we”, “our”, “us”), app based companion solutions for e-wallets (the “Apps”) which allow Customers and Merchants to manage e-payments in a secure and more economical way.
We are registered with the commercial registry of the Canton of Vaud in Switzerland with registration number CHE-308.811.653, with corporate offices at Rue de la Gare 11, 1260 Nyon, Switzerland.
VeryPay does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of eighteen (18).
1. WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- Your company name
- Avatar image
- Card Number and Pin
- Card Limits
- Transaction ID and other financial information that we may need in order to provide our Services
- “Identifiers” – information which we treat as your personal information as it relates to you and your use of our Services but is not directly provided by you from your device (e.g. geolocation data & IP address, device manufacturer and model, iOS version)
- personal information you provide when you ask for help from our customer support team, including the content of that communication with our team
- language selection
b. Information Shared About Others: We may give you the ability to invite people you know to use our Services. You are responsible for ensuring your sharing of this personal information with us is compliant with applicable laws. In some countries, this may require you to get permission from the people you invite before you share their information. We may also get personal information about you from other App users. We process this personal information to help you and your contacts connect through our Services. If you want to remove personal information stored by us, follow any instructions under the CONTACT US section below.
c. Information You Generate Using Our Services: Transaction activity and history on the Services. When you use our Services, we will collect personal information about the ways in which you use and interact with our Services, such as any purchases you make, money you send. We will also create an App ID to identify your account.
d. Information We Receive About You From Connected Third Party Platforms: The information we receive from Tatem (https://tatemcongo.com/) to provide you the Services includes:
- first name
- last name
- address (city, zipcode, state, country)
- email address
- phone number
- e-wallet ID
- e-wallet balances
- voice balances
- currency used
2. WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
The main reason we process your personal information is to provide you with the Services and to improve your experience, but there are other reasons as well. We process your information for the purposes below:
- Set up your account and to provide our Services (e.g. process your transaction requests; etc.);
- Identify and authenticate your access to certain features of the Services;
- Improve, optimize and personalize our Services and our users’ experiences;
- Help you to connect with other people you know and other third-party platforms you use;
- Communicate with you about the Services you are using or we think you will like, including new Services;
- Customer service, including technical support;
- Protect the safety and well-being of customers;
- Maintain our business operations, including any business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets;
- For security purposes and to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities;
- Cooperate with public authorities and law enforcement where lawfully permitted or required;
- Protect VeryPay’s rights, including compliance with applicable legal obligations, resolving any disputes we may have, and to administer our agreements with third parties.
Our legal grounds for collecting and using the information described above depends on what the information is, the context in which we collect it and applicable privacy laws. Those grounds are as follows:
- Establish and perform our agreement with you to provide you the Services
- For our or our partners’ legitimate interests
- Consent (where applicable)
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- Protect your vital interests or those of another person
If you have questions, need further information or want to withdraw your consent please see the CONTACT US section below.
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION:
We share your information with our group companies, people you know, other App users and certain other third parties when you use our Services. We may share your personal information from our Services with others in the ways described below.
a. People You Know and Other App Users: Our Services support you to transact with users. Other users can send you transaction requests through our Services.
c. Safety, Security and Compliance with Law: We’ll share your information if necessary for safety, security, or compliance with legal obligations. Your information, and the contents of all of your online communications, transactions when using our Services and between you and VeryPay may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
- to satisfy any applicable legal obligations;
- when we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for national security, law enforcement, or legal process purposes (for example, a court order, search warrant, or subpoena);
- when we believe in our sole discretion that our Services are being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally; and/or
- to protect the rights or property of VeryPay or applicable third parties.
d. Third Party Service Providers: We’ll share your information with the third-party service providers and business partners that we work with to bring you our Services and that support us with our business. We will share your information with third-parties who assist us in delivering and optimizing our Services or perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, analytics, analysis, hosting services, customer service, including, for example Tatem (https://tatemcongo.com/).
e. Sale or Merger: We may share your information with a third party in connection with a business transition, like a merger or acquisition. Where we consider a business transition, like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part of our assets, we may disclose or transfer your information, including personal information, to the purchaser.
4. YOUR RIGHTS:
Depending on what privacy laws apply to you, you and/or your legal representative have certain legal rights in connection with your personal information. Your privacy rights are explained below.
Subject to certain exemptions, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of your personal information (known as ‘accessing your data’).
- Delete your information. When you ask us to delete your personal information please remember that there may be lawful limitations on this right. For example, we will keep certain payment records or customer service records where we need to, including for legal or accounting purposes. We’ll also keep information in order to exercise, protect, defend, or establish our rights or the rights of third parties.
- Correct or update your personal information where it is inaccurate. To review and update personal information associated with your account profile, visit the ‘Account details’ page in our Apps.
- Withdraw your consent by CONTACTING US. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the processing already undertaken before your withdrawal. Also, it will not affect processing of your personal information under other lawful grounds.
- Ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- Complain to a data protection authority. A list of privacy authorities is available here.
- Manage personal information we receive from third parties’ applications/platforms and from your mobile device: To manage the information we receive from third-party applications or platforms and from your mobile device, use the tools and settings provided by those third-party applications and devices.
5. HOW WE STORE AND SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
All connections to the VeryPay database through the use of the Services are secured with HTTPS ( TLS 1.2) technology. The database network connection is protected by strict firewall rules. Only verified accounts can log in to VeryPay database via VPN by Secure Shell (SSH). Only key-based authentication is allowed to access users’ accounts. Each user’s private key must be password protected. If the key authentication was successful and the account is allowed to log in on that particular system, the user is granted access to the system.
While we take precautions against possible security breaches of our Services and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our Services. Any transmission is at your own risk.
6. INTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS AND TRANSFERS:
When you use our Services, your personal information may be processed in Democratic Republic of the Congo and other countries. As part of our international operations, we may transfer personal information to our group companies, business partners and service providers located internationally for our legitimate business purpose. We store personal information about you on servers located in the Switzerland. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is processed may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident. When we transfer your personal information internationally we treat your personal information securely.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION:
We’ll keep your information for as long as necessary to provide you with the Services, fulfil our legal obligations, and/or exercise, defend or establish our rights. How long we retain your personal information depends on why we collected it and how we use it, but we will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for to provide you with the Services or for our legal requirements. We will retain personal information that is connected with your account and/or the Services you use from us for as long as you have an active account with us. We will take measures to delete this personal information if you delete your account. However, you acknowledge that we may retain some information after you have closed, or we have deleted, your account with us where necessary to enable us to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend, or establish our rights.
9. CONTACT US: